Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby A; Week 10

This weekly update is late. I know, I know - all I have for you are excuses! But, please, accept them. Okay?? Being pregnant - especially at this stage of my pregnancy - is EXHAUSTING. I seriously want to sleep all the time. Oh, and, I'm always too tired to do anything. Literally, ANYTHING.

So, this week:

Baby A, according to my handy-dandy preggo book, moves from embryo to fetus. Congratulations Baby A on this GRAND accomplishment! Keep up the great growing!

Ben, once again, exceeded my hopes and dreams and expectations, by unpacking EVERY SINGLE box. And, if that wasn't enough, he also organized everything. He is precious and I am so thankful for him.

Ben also has graciously started the (regular) craving runs. Poor man. His hands are full with those!

And, lastly, Ben has (perhaps begrudgingly?) also cleaned up any and all doggy-poop. The sight of it makes me want to vomit.

I am extremely fortune to have a husband who goes above and beyond anything that I may ask of him...or not ask of him. Daily, I realized how lucky and spoiled I am to be married to Ben. And, you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world!

The Parent Brain: I know Ben and I are FAR from being fully immersed in the role of parent. However, I think it is safe to say we are both beginning to notice children and babies more. And, the other day, Ben told me his reaction when a friend mentioned wanting to get a vulgar bumper sticker. Ben said he told his friend, "What happens when a little girl asks her dad what that means? Why would you do that?" This is one of my favorite stories because it shows how Ben's thought process is beginning to change toward our pending new role.

There are a lot of decision to be made: finalizing names, deciding on WHERE to register, processing through decisions regarding the birth, etc. There are a LOT of decisions to be made. But, Ben and I are taking it in strides and addressing each decision at the appropriate time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!