Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What's in Your Bag: Diaper Edition

 One of my favorite blogs is written by Erin a mommy to 3 kiddos. I wish she didn't live so far away so we could do playdates and coffee dates!!!

I wish I could say that I am a habitual diaper bag packer, but I can't in good conscience. When I had one baby, I was religious about it. I had everything under the sun packed, ready for all seasons. Then the second one came along and I got less careful about what was in there and threw a little of anything I could find. As the boys got a bit older, and I added a third baby to the pack, it would be amazing if I even left the house with a diaper bag at all.

So here is my slightly different tale of diaper bag contents.

When I'm going on a trip or I'll be away for a long period of time, I use my trusty Petunia Pickle Bottom bag. If you don't have one, I highly reccomend them as they can pack about as much as Mary Poppins suitcase...and a little more!

Most of the time, I carry around what I call a "mommy wristlet". It's got my wallet, and my keys and my phone all compartmentalized because I can't tell you how many times I lose those when I'm with the kids. Then in the small pocket, I carry some tissues and a couple of matchbox cars.

Simple I know, but I find that it does the trick when I'm on the run. I also always try and throw on a dangly necklace when, in case of a toddler meltdown, it can be used as a rattle toy. My kids play with my necklaces for hours.





Mostly, I use my minivan pockets as my diaper bag. In there you will find diapers of all sizes, wipes, granola bars, cookies, an extra hairthing (in case of a fashion emergency) and a thing of bubbles.







For me, keeping kids fed and entertained is my key to survival. If I can do that, I have succeeded. So there you have it. Not your typical diaper bag content, but effective none-the less. 


Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!