Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Christmas Gift Project

Right after Ben's marathon, he wrote on his Christmas list that he would like a "special project from Bethany using my marathon items". Wow. Talk about pressure. It didn't take me long to come up with a plan of what I wanted to do.

Meet: The Girls With Glasses and Promise Tangeman.


Get Crafty With The Girls With Glasses from The Girls With Glasses on Vimeo.

While I love Promise Tangeman for all her creativity, spunkyness and my-all-around question of: WHY CAN'T I BE HER BEST FRIEND?!?!?!? ....This video did not come with "Bethany-directions". Essentially, to use a sports analogy - Give me the play-by-play. So, I took pictures for YOU. Hoping you would be inspired by Promise's craft idea, The Girls With Glasses great video and my pictures to go tackle this project for your Marathon-Runner. Or just yourself.

This is the "blank canvas I started with.
 
Overview of the supplies...Sorry you have to see my Washer Machine...But that is my craft space for now!
The map
Gloss Layer 1 (I wrote down the time so I would know how much time had passed)

Gloss Layer 2

Gloss Layer 3

Gloss Layer 4

Final Layer of Gloss!


Scrub off paper.
Be sure to rinse the images well, and let dry.




Ben's Early Morning Christmas Surprise Face!
Helpful Hints:
Follow the directions on the video to a "T"!
- Use a Laser Printer
- I got my paintbrush from the paint department at Wal-Mart. It was $1 and worked great.
-Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!