- I celebrated Mother's Day for the first time in 5 years.
- Ben suprised me with a 1 hour massage and tickets to see Bruno Mars in concert.
- My friend Stephanie sent me the best card reminding me that she hadn't forgotten how hard Mother's Day has been. It reminded me of all those Mother's Days I spent with her in college, and it made me so thankful for her friendship (again).
- I consumed a jar of pickles in a week. It was wonderful.
- I wore my only maternity outfit. It's basically a maxi-dress made out of jersey cotton. I don't care. It is comfortable and it fits.
- I bought several items for Baby A's nursery. Ben and I contemplated what color to paint the nursery (I vote gray - regardless of Baby A's gender).
- We left the Bruno Mars concert before the first song finished. The music was too loud and I was terrified of it negatively affecting Baby A. Then, I cried the rest of the evening. 1) Knowing I had made the right decision. 2) Having a hard time coming up with fun things to do while pregnant (that don't involve shopping or eating)....suggestions are welcome.
- My baby bump arrived. Thank you, Baby A, for deciding not to truly show yourself 'til after we were out of the 1st trimester. Your mother thanks you.
- Ben waking me up in the middle of the night as he pulled me closer to him, then having him place his hand on my stomach. At 3am, Baby A, he was trying to feel you move. Grow big; your dad wants to feel and see you wiggle inside my tummy.
- Just so you know, Baby A, a lot of people have made a couple of the following remarks:
- "Maybe Ben will grow up now that he is about to be a Dad." I love that Ben is goofy and so entertaining. I am sure this will be a trait you also will love about your dad. And, I'm sure will inherit his silliness too. It will make for a lot of funny and silly memories.
- "Get all the sleep you can now." This is also an inaccurate statement. I am already LOSING sleep because my pregnant body. I see this as preparation for the future when Baby A is finally here.
- "You will have to get rid of the dogs." I want you to grow up around animals. I think this is so important for you, Baby A, to learn how to be gentle and love our furry friends. So, unless you are deathly allergic to them, or they show signs of aggression towards you...Milo and Miko will be apart of your life.
Lastly, this is FOR YOU, my readers. I want your votes: What do you think Baby A is? A boy or a girl? Leave your comments in the comment box. We find out in a couple of weeks, but I want to be able to include your input in the baby scrapbook I plan to make. If you are "anonymous", put your name in the comment box so I know!