Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011: Part 1 (Rest)

I've been looking forward to this weekend for so many reasons. For one, I needed a break. A chance to rest - fully - and recover. Pregnancy is not kind to a woman's body. In my case, I've endured aching joints, uncomfortable, restless nights, and the over-all continual exhaustion. My job which averages 45+ hours a week leaves me with little energy to do much less.

So this weekend was welcomed with wide open arms. The chance to rest for 3 days and what's better, a chance to rest with Ben.

It started off with a one-hour massage Ben had arranged for me. It was glorious. For the first time in YEARS, I felt the tension of stress, the discomfort of pregnancy melt away. I slept harder that night then I had in a very long time.

The next day, I actually had a lot of energy to enjoy the day Ben and I had planned out....but that fun event will come in the blog post or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!