Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Date Nights

It is not a secret that I hate Ben's work schedule. In fact, I despise his schedule. I struggle with the 1 or 2 nights a week we actually eat dinner together. It is frustrating. But, a couple of weeks ago, I realized that instead of despising what I cannot change, why not be thankful for what I have: the vital time with Ben. Part of this change of heart is a new mindset; which, is that every and any time I spend time with Ben is a date night. And, it doesn't matter what we are doing, it matters that we are spending time together.

So, tonight marks my second date night with Ben this week. Tonight, we went grocery shopping and then while I made dinner of tacos, Ben put away laundry. Tonight, we had date night. No, it wasn't glamorous. No, it wasn't the typical restaurant and movie date night. But it was time spent together.

Don't get me wrong, I love those expensive nights out. I love the pursuit. I love it when Ben pursues me. When he does things that are thoughtful and romantic, I melt. But, I am learning to treat each moment with Ben as quality time. Whether that is crowded on the couch watching TV, going on to for a nice dinner, laughing at the day's stories, going to a football game or movie. I'm learning and cherishing all my time with Ben and counting them all as date nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!