Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reality TV As It Relates To My Life

Some people HATE reality TV. And, quite frankly, I have no idea why. It is hilarious. It is weird. It is addicting.

This summer, Ben and I took on a huge commitment of two reality TV shows. Bachelor Pad (yes, I watched that show...don't hate!) and Big Brother: season 12.

The Bachelor Pad was not that big of a commitment, it was two hours every Monday. And, it was two hours that I spent every Monday debating WHY IN THE WORLD do I watch that show? Only to pick up again the following Monday. (I know, I know. I have a problem) In addition (and most importantly!), Tenley was back. And, I LOVE Tenley. So I had no choice, as a fan, I HAD to watch it.

Big Brother was a completely and totally different story. LET.ME.TELL.YOU. That show required 3 nights a week, 1 hour a week. ARGH. It was so demanding. And, it made me feel claustrophobic. And, Ben begged to go on the show. (but that is a different story)

So, this week. Everything ended. Bachelor Pad - finale is over (Tenley did not win, so I am still recovering from rooting for her TWICE and she didn't win.). And, Big Brother concluded as well. Again, my "person" did not win. Which means - Ben and I did the math - that since JANUARY, I have watch diligently devoted myself to 5 Reality TV shows and my "person" NEVER WINS. Argh. It is so frustrating! 

On another note, I'm left in a huge dilemma: WHAT DO I WATCH NOW? What shows are you totally into? And recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. Hi girly,

    I was just looking through your blog posts, and they are so cute and well written. I hope you are having a wonderful September. Miss you!

    Miriam (Cotterill) Buckley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glee is coming back on soon. I think you'd like it.
    Community!!! I LOVE that show!

    ReplyDelete

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!