Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Forgiveness and Marriage

Today, I snapped. It wasn't pretty. Today, I came home and scorned Ben. With a face that was  FAR worse than cute pout. Today, I didn't give Ben a kind word. Not even when he held me. Not even when he said everything would be okay. Not even when he brought lunch to the table.

Today, I was mean.

I'm embarrassed to admit that today I had a bad day. I'm not embarrassed to admit I had a bad day. I'm embarrassed to admit I took my bad day on Ben.

But. I asked for forgiveness. And, Ben forgave. It was one of the highlights of my day.

Why? Because...Forgiveness is a beautiful part of marriage.

2 comments:

  1. ummm are we on some sort of emotional clock together? This happened to me this week as well..... apologizing is such a humbling experience and our fights always produce love!(it sounds weird but I can honestly say I love Cameron more after we apologize after a fight.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so mean. I tried warning Ben about you, but he would not listen.

    ReplyDelete

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!