Friday, August 20, 2010

Pedicures.

This morning, I woke up refreshed.

Which, is quite the statement. Lately, I've been working long hours, many hours...for the last couple weeks. It's gotten tough. I've gotten stressed out. So, when I clock out and go home, I let the stress go. Well, sorta. It comes out messy. I make everything bigger and worse than they actually are. I cry. A lot. And, to be honest - sometimes, I think that the world is falling apart.

This week, my stress has brought out some strange things in me. Like, waking up in the middle of the night to convince Ben that I needed a puppy. Specifically, THIS puppy. And, that this puppy (who I would name Mopsie) needs me. And, then I was rude to a friend of mine. Who, in return, promptly bossed me around. I was shocked, but it was exactly what I needed!


Then there is Ben. Who listens as I make a situation seem bigger and more ridiculous than it actually is and nods his head as I ramble on. Who holds me while I cry. Who helps me keep the perspective that maybe, just maybe the world isn't falling apart. Ben knows what I need when I can't see past my stress. It is so comforting to know that the man I married is INCREDIBLY thoughtful.

Several nights ago, Ben planned a girls night for me with my closest girlfriends. It was a complete surprise. He reserved pedicures for me, for my friends, because my birthday is coming. Because I had never had a pedicure before. It was blissful. It was relaxing. It was fun. And, I'm not sure if my jaw hurt from laughing so much or talking so much! It was perfect. I let my stress go. But, more than that...I felt loved. By my friends who traveled and sacrificed their evenings for me. By Ben. Especially. Sometimes, I wonder how I lassoed this man who knows how to plan and make moments perfect while leaving me speechless and feeling oh-so-loved.  But, I'm not complaining. My toes look good. My heart is lighter. And, I'm keepin' Ben for the rest of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, #1 I need that puppy.
    #2 YOU HAVE NEVER AHD A PEDICURE BEFORE?!?! This is the biggest I've EVER heard. Next Britney shaving her head, of course.
    #3 Reading this makes me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!