Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Zucchini Muffins

These days, I'm all about sneaking in vegetables in places Ben would never guess. It is definitely a challenge, because Ben is famous for being a picky-eater.

To be fair,  I did warn him ahead of time. I told him, "Zucchini is in your future." His face wrinkled up in concern, in fear even.

In the grocery store, he almost gagged as I placed the zucchini in the bag. And, all I was planning to make? Muffins. That's right. Zucchini muffins, which, if you haven't tried them, you are missing out. 1) Because its a GREAT way to sneak in some vegetables and 2) Zucchini muffins are YUMMY!

Try this great recipe and watch your muffin patrons gasp in surprise that something so GOOD could have zucchini. By the way, I grated the apple instead of chopping, because I didn't want "chunks", I also sprinkled brown sugar on the top before baking for an added crunchy sweetness.

The muffins were a success for Ben. He enjoyed them. I think he was surprised (with every single bite!) that he was eating zucchini and not vomitting. Which, is always a good thing in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!