Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Desperate Housewife

Not having a job will do strange, strange things to you. Especially, if you don't have a car. Especially, if your husband is gone all day (workin' for the bacon..workin' for the rent).

So, yesterday, I counted it an immense victory when I kept the TV off til 11am. I needed noise in between the looking for jobs, establishing profiles to post my resume and reading an e-book... Especially, if that noise comes in the form of Tyra Banks from America's Next Top Model or Patti from Millionaire Matchmaker. Apparently, I didn't need just any noise...I needed Bravo noise, especially.

But, when Ben FINALLY came home after a long day of pressure washing and then a painful evening of enjoying free tickets to the NBA playoff games, he came home to me. Which did not look like this:


It looked at lot like this (minus the police officer):


 (source)

Apparently, I don't do well being stuck in a house for over 15 hours with only Patti and Tyra to talk to me.

2 comments:

  1. Bethany, I am a master of pointless time consumption methods, so here is one idea that you should try in your free time all alone: Call a Radio show and just talk. But don't just call one channel! No! Call as many as you can get the numbers for!

    Sincerely; The Brother that has nothing better to do.

    Signed...
    Well..you know my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother, I don't think I need any more tips on consuming time with pointless methods. ;) Thanks for the suggestion, though.

    ReplyDelete

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!