Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm Now A Housewife

I've had a job since I was 9 years old. Babysitting, office work,whatever, I've always been able to make my own money. The past couple of days, I've been home more than I've been in a long time. Years, even. Its been an adjustment. So, are you curious as to what I've done, lately? Let me tell you.

-Vacuumed (includes emptying that dust collector...why was I against vacuum cleaner bags, again?)
- Mopped
- Laundry (including handwashing pillowcases; 4 loads of laundry)
- Cleaning the bathroom (including cleaning the baseboards)
- Cleaning the kitchen (again and again and again...WHO keeps making this mess? Oh, wait. Me.)
- Cleaned all windows
- Updated my resume
- 12 billions episodes of various TV shows

Its crazy. Up to this week and because of our work schedules, Ben has done a lot of the cleaning. (Plus, he is OCD!) So, I will admit I had some difficulty in my new occupation -until I find a new job - as a housewife.
I've spent the days conversing with myself..."Where did Ben put that thing?" I had to search for the vacuum cleaner. Then, it was the "How do I work that dryer for maximum drying?"...

All I want to do now? Get a job. For real. I'm tired.  Not from the cleaning, oh no. From the SEARCHING for the cleaning items! When Ben comes home, he asks what I've done...I can't even remember because I'm reliving the scavenger hunt he has unknowingly put me through. Its been incredible. I'm finding the iron, the dryer sheets, the vacuum cleaner, the gazillion plastic grocery bags under the sink...

I've come to the conclusion that I've GOT to take up an in-house hobby. If nothing else for my sanity. For realz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!