Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Daily Cup

Its a habit I've never been able to break. It started in college, and its just gotten worse.


Essentially, its my ability to drink a cup of coffee. One singular cup of coffee in less than an hour in one place - if that happens, it's nothing short of a miracle.

Every morning, I make coffee for Ben and I. Really, just for Ben. And, every day, I pour myself a nice full cup. By the time I get to work, Ben's cup is almost empty. Mine is just as full as when I poured it. And, so it continues. By lunch time, I may have drank half of my cup. Maybe. If its a good day.

There have been too many times, too many occasions, where Ben has found my cup still full of coffee hours later and way too cold to drink. Eventually, the coffee gets poured out (I like to think I'm giving nature its daily source of caffeine), and Ben rolls his eyes. Then, please press "repeat" because it will happen tomorrow. Again and again. For forever. Literally.
I like coffee, I promise. But I don't like having an exclusive coffee date - just me and coffee. I need others to be there with me. I need a support group. I need a support group that understands that you can love coffee just not on an individual basis. That coffee needs company.

Sadly, no one gets this. Not Ben. Not Starbucks. Not coffee. I'm left by myself to continue to provide the flowers outside of my office their daily intake of coffee. They don't seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!