Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Dilemma

I shouldn't have done it. Ben even begged me not to do it. But, I'm stubborn and determined, so I did it anyway.

Yesterday, at the gym, I got on the scale. I had great hopes and visions of losing massive amounts of weight.

My hopes and visions sank into oblivion when the scale went up. UP. I GAINED weight. I was devastated. Does the scale not see and feel all my hard sweaty work and dedication?

Nope. Not at all.

Nevermind the fact that is only 1 1/2 pounds (yes, you read that right, a pound and a HALF) weight gain. Nevermind the fact it was probably muscle gain. I was devastated. AND plunged directly into the depths of despair. Just.Like.That. Thanks, you scale you.

I took it out on Ben. I got mad at him for my ridiculous weight gain.

Nevermind the fact it wasn't HIS fault.

All day long, I sulked through the day with the image of that 1 1/2 pounds in my mind.

Eventually, I pepped up my attitude. My resolve returned. I remembered why I love the gym - for Robin and George, Mr. and Mrs. Ironman,  and getting both stronger and healthier.

To compensate for my attitude, I said to Ben: "Do you want to go get cupcakes?"

Have that, you scale you.

NO, really, don't. Please.

1 comment:

  1. love the reference to "depths of despair"
    your personal favorite :) nice touch

    ReplyDelete

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!