Sunday, February 7, 2010

Restaurant Review: Fox Sports Grill

On Saturday, Ben and I had the opportunity to join friends for a birthday celebration. It was a lot of fun to swap stories and catch up. Our dining choice was Fox Sports Grill. I should probably preface that I'm not typically a fan of sports grill restaurants. Actually, not at all. The menu usually consists of burgers, wings and nachos, plus add in loud TVs screaming the latest sport statistic...simply put, not my type of place.

But last night, my stereotypical assumptions were challenged. We enjoyed buffalo chicken nachos as an appetizers which were not doused in cheese, but actually had great flavor. Then for dinner, I had Cajun pasta - penne pasta with crab, shrimp, and andouille sausage sauteed in a spicy mustard sauce. It was wonderful! Ben ordered a bleu cheese burger with a SIDE SALAD. I don't know what has happened to this man, but I LIKE it!!!

Aside from the incredible food (we brought home leftovers!), I really loved the fact that while there were TVs scattered all around the dining room, they never took away from the conversation.

I never thought I would say this, but I am so happy to say that I hope to return. I really enjoyed it. So, come NBA playoffs, I might just ask Ben if we can go back to the Fox Sports Grill. I mean, Ikea is just down the street and if we go there before, we could both have our cake and eat it too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!