Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Incredible, Out-Of-This-World Achievement

I exhibited fantastic self-control all week long.

For one long, long week, I withheld my intense CRAVING for a red velvet cupcake. I just wanted one. That's it. But, do you know how hard it is to work out all the TIME and STILL be craving a 1000 calorie food item?

It's tough.

Ben tried to make it better. He reminded me about how I would definitely be the "Biggest Loser" if I caved. I frowned. That deterred me for a day or two. (Okay, I'll be honest, only about 60 L-O-N-G seconds)

Then, he decided to help me. We walked through two grocery store bakeries. There was nothing. But, I was open for a alternative. I got one doughnut. Just one. That was the day Ben left his wallet at home. And, I left the doughnut at the store.

Finally, I just couldn't do it anymore. So, we got a white chocolate molten cake from Chili's. We shared one between the two of us. I ignored the 3000 calories that screamed at me with every bite. The cake and the calories did not reduce my desire.

Today, in a last-chance resort, we went to Starbuck's. I promised Ben we would only get THE cupcake if it was there.

The cupcake was there. I know the angels were singing. (que Little Mermaid "lolla-la-la-la-lolla-la-la-la" music)

Starbuck's is now my favorite place.  Ever. At the counter, I smiled like a wide-eyed-I-don't-get-sweets-deprived child. I know the Starbuck's lady thought I was crazy.

"They will be here all week." She promised as she handed us the cupcake boxes (one a piece) and I skipped out. (Yes, Internet, I just said I skipped out of Starbuck's)

Tomorrow, I will work out like a crazy woman who just ate a cupcake the night before. And, on Tuesday, to further my (pending) guilt, Jillian returns. She will be there to make me cringe that I ate that  lone cupcake. But today, right now. I have no guilt. Just good ole' satisfaction.

Remember: I was good for one straight week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!