Monday, January 24, 2011

The Milo Shop: A Proper Introduction

In my excitement to announce my Etsy shop, The Milo Shop, I kinda skipped over WHY I've opened up my own shop.

Over the past year, I have embraced creativity. I have embraced it with a growing boldness and a desire to do more work with my hands, textures, colors, and more. This has come out in different ways - decorating my home, adjusting my wardrobe, starting my blog, and now my Etsy store.

But there is more. I have a strong desire to work for myself, to own my own business, to turn my creativity into a business. This part has been extremely intimidating. I've spent so much time doing research, pouring over blogs, articles and more. But, my favorite resource? Etsy's Quit Your Day Job series. I L-O-V-E that series because it gives me hope...Hope that those series aren't for everyone else, but for me.

This is bold for me. This is taking a huge leap of faith. This is embracing the potential of my future. But I'm excited for the journey. 

Do you feel like you are embracing your dreams? Do your dreams scare you? Do your dreams motivate you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!