Saturday, January 29, 2011

Strengths Vs. Not-So-Strengths (Inspiration from Promise)

Promise Tangeman - whom you all know I love - recently challenged her blog readers to talk about strengths and not-so-strengths (don't you love that she didn't call them WEAKNESSES?).
So, I thought I would post mine:

Strengths:
Creating
Communicating
Writing
Researching
Hard-worker
Cooking/Baking
Passionate
Encouraging
Making people feel like they matter (BECAUSE THEY DO!)


Not-So-Strengths:
Cleaning
Accounting/Finance/Budgets
Organization
Fear
Over-analyzation

Just because there aren't very many Not-So-Strengths does not mean they are any less important. All of the Not-So-Strengths are humbling. Very. I'm realizing how much of my life is a tug-of-war between dreaming and fear. On one hand, I'm a huge dreamer and I know exactly where I want to go and be in my life. On the other hand, I second-guess my ability (sometimes) to the point where I remain paralyzed in place. I'm currently learning and pushing forward to break the tug-of-war. In addition, I don't like cleaning and I can be organized but it takes a concentrated effort. Thank-goodness for Ben. Those are definite strengths of his and he helps me to be better.

Of course, the Strengths make me feel empowered and bold. Which is ironic because "bold" is the word of the week for me. I'm working hard to make my dreams reality and to worry about the "what-ifs" later. Feel free to share yours; I'd love to know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!