Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One of Those Days...

Its days like today when I'm completely overwhelmed. Completely grateful. Completely enamored by this guy named Ben.
Lemme tell you about him.
He is taller than me.

He is a recovering picky-eater.

He adores me. (Don't believe me? Hang in there)

He tells me I'm beautiful. Every.Single.Day.

He cleans house. Unloads the dishwasher. Does the laundry.

He tells me I'm definitely thinner after seeing Jillian. (And never brings up my sudden I've-got-to-have-this-[insert random dessert]-craving)

He adores me. Really, he does. How do I know?
My house looks like the rainbow and an oversized box of Fruitloops threw up. There are explosions of color everywhere. I love it. He encourages it.
I sat in front of wedding invitations for 45 minutes. And, I called him 798 times to discuss it with him.

I gasp at sundresses, books and coffee. And, he takes me shopping.
I am dramatic about my hair, my outfit, my singular pimple, my lack of flip-flops, my blog...and he takes it in stride. ALL of it.
I yell and cry about immorality, injustice, hurting children, broken families,and again, hurting people...because I hurt so much for all of them...and, he lets me do that and then hugs me.

He watches chick flicks with me. And, I try to watch his man-movies with him, then he lets me squeeze his hand 'til it turns white when I get scared.
I cry over the Biggest Loser, my blog, my friends, my sudden I've-got-to-have-this-[insert random dessert]-craving...

He pushes me back to my Savior.

He rubs me all the time.

He just loves me. And, my love for him grows more and more every single day.
This past weekend, Ben and I celebrated 3 months. 3 months - wow. Its been amazing and fun. I'm really thankful. Looking over that list, I'm just overwhelmed. I've got a good man.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Bethany! Thanks for taking the other subscription. :) If you go to my complete profile, my email address is linked there. Just email me your address and I'll get that in the mail ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!