Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So We Ran...

We've started running. Ben and I. Its been hard. And painful.

Okay, I know I'm dramatic, but seriously, what is a girl suppose to do when there are stabbing pains cramping your stomach? What about feeling like you are going to throw up or black-out? Hello? So, maybe none of that has really happen. But, maybe it has, too. You'll never know. (Just be sympathetic, please)

We keep trying out different parks for variety. I'm sure this is Ben's way to make sure I never say, "The scenery is boring." If so, its working.

Yesterday, amidst our jog and my "Ben-hold-me-up-before-I perish-right-on-the-sidewalk" plea...we passed a woman on the phone who was walking her dog. There was nothing abnormal about this, except, at one point Ben looked back and noted that this lady seemed to be trailing and gaining speed with us. It didn't take long before my mind was reeling with the possibilities of her pursuit: murder. dumping our bodies in the water nearby. a plotting attack by her dog...

It was distrubing. Nevermind the fact that it is a public park. Free to everyone and their dogs for walks. So I ran harder. From an innocent woman. Who didn't even know she was making me paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!