Thursday, March 4, 2010

Update on My Life

Dear Forsaken Blog,

I'm sure you are wondering what has been going on in my life of late. Allow me to summarize in one word: Unpacking.

This is a task that never ends. And, because I aspire to be a "go-getter", I've done the most normal thing ever - Thrown my hands up in surrender, quit and I'm now giving you much needed attention. Which is why Ben, the blessed husband that he is, is unpacking.

Let's talk about some important issues in my life:

1. I'm dehydrated. Not of water, but of books. Every single book in my (still packed) home, I've read. I need a new, fresh read. Fiction, biography, interesting-self-help book. SOMETHING. I need to curl up and forget everything. (including unpacking)

2. I'm not very good at "nesting". I tried. But when the boxes don't decrease, I dream of Ikea shopping trips and, and, lighting candles. The end.

3. We have a bathtub. I'm planning to make it my best BFF. But I'm dreading the look on Ben's face when he gets the water bill. He may discourage my newfound friendship.

4. I'm contemplating the idea of having a theme day(s) on my blog. What do you think? Maybe I'll tell a story, or maybe I'll highlight my favorite websites or lip gloss or place to buy magazines. What do you think? Is there something you want me to blog about that I haven't?

5. Our apartment neighbor U.G.T.O.O.P.H.M.C. (Unknown-Gender-Teenager-Or-Old-Person-Having-Midlife-Crisis) plays the top 20 pop songs EVERY SINGLE DAY as loud as possible at the oddest times of the day. It needs to stop. For real.

6. In the midst of moving and unpacking, my phone charger has gone MIA. This has caused both my husband ans boss to nearly have heart-attacks when I had a 2 and 1/2 hour coffee meeting. I need to find that charger for their health.

Well, those are the top priorities in my life at the moment.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. theme days, awesome idea. i know you totally stalk blogs, and have access to photos. so you could totally do like photo monday, and just post a pic that you really like and maybe even a link to a photo blog or something cool. just saying.

    ReplyDelete

I (heart) comments! Thank you for making my day!